The OIPF and the MPEG Industry Forum (MPEGIF) have announced on 12th March 2012 that certain residual document of the MPEGIF will be retained on the OIPF website. The documents created by the MPEGIF prior to that date and selected by them as listed below have been added to the OIPF website. The retention of these documents is for information purposes only, and does not imply that the OIPF accepts any responsibility or liability whatsoever for these documents. In particular, these deliverables do not constitute deliverables or material created by OIPF.
- Understanding MPEG-4 (ZIP)
- Glossary for Video&Perceptual Quality of Stereoscopic Video (shared with the 3D@Home Consortium) (PDF)
- High Efficiency AAC (ZIP)
- Introduction to MPEG-7 (PDF)
- Introduction to MPEG-21 (PDF): Introduction to MPEG-21 (PDF): MPEG-21: Goals and Achievements, Ian Burnett, Rik Van de Walle, Keith Hill, Jan Bormans and Fernando Pereira, Copyright © 2003 IEEE. Reprinted from IEEE Computer Society, October-November 2003
This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of MPEG's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.
- What is AVC? (PDF)
- What is AAC? (PDF)
- What is Advanced Simpled Profile? (PDF)
- Interactivity in MPEG-4 (PDF)